Lighten up game-day snacking with these tangy and smoky Never Fried BBQ chicken tenders with the ultimate crunchy BBQ Popchips and panko coating. Shout out to @doosifit on Instagram for the healthy and DELICIOUS recipe inspo that’s perfect for the air fryer! 🐔😍
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenders
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Servings BBQ Popchips (about 40 chips, crushed)
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 - 4 TBSP BBQ Sauce, For Glaze or Dipping
- Put the chicken tenders into a bowl or gallon-size zip-top bag and add buttermilk, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly.
- Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator to amp up the flavor.
- After marinating, mix the crushed BBQ Popchips and panko breadcrumbs in a shallow baking dish or paper plate.
- Amp up the crunch factor by pressing each chicken tender into the crumb mixture and make sure the crumbs cover the strip completely.
- Add the tenders to your air fryer in a single layer and cook at 390° for about 20 minutes (or 165° internal temperature.)
- When cooked, brush BBQ sauce on each tender or serve it as a dip.
Chef’s Tip: No air fryer? Bake the tenders in the oven at 375° or 20-25 min (or 165° internal temperature.)
Learn why Popchips are the better-for-you potato chip.
We’re popping up everywhere! Use our store locator to find Popchips in a store near you or order your favorites in our online shop.